How do you cope with seeing a loved one’s life erased by Alzheimer’s?
Cindy Reynes took up a second degree to become a nurse. But when her mother got afflicted with Alzheimer’s disease, she chose not to practice her profession and instead become her mom’s primary caregiver. While caring for her mom, she faced the greatest challenge a daughter can have: to keep loving and honoring a parent who no longer remembers her — one who was fast becoming a stranger.
She captured the heartwarming and, at times, heartbreaking stories in a journal that has now evolved into the book you now hold in your hands.
In these pages, Cindy shares her painfully honest, humorous, and poignant struggles as a care partner of her mom afflicted with this progressive disease.
This chronicle of her pilgrimage from denial to acceptance, resentment to forgiveness, and heartbreak to unconditional love also offers practical tips on how you can care for your loved ones in sickness or in health.
Would you like to submit yours?
This book will alter your perception of life as Rosanne, who lives victoriously despite having Multiple Sclerosis, shows that there is immense joy and meaning amidst great weakness.
Praise for Amusing Grace, A Second Helping:
From strength to strength. Amusing Grace, A Second Helping is Rosanne’s continuing, courageous and inspiring response to MS. Clearly an overcomer in Christ, she writes with such refreshing spontaneity! Do hope “A Third Helping” is not so far behind.
– Ms Felichi Pangilinan Buizon, gospel songwriter and
700 Club Asia host
“Rosanne looks adversity straight in the eye, glowers at it for a moment, and then drenches it with unexpected wit and humor. We wince with her as she arranges our encounter with the reality of human pain, and then invites us to share the laughter of her invincible spirit.”
– Archie Inlong, a communication, public speaking, public relations, crisis communications and media training consultant
A compilation of thirty-six bite size pieces of wisdom put in simple words, it is sure to captive your hearts with ordinary stories and talents that anyone could identify with. This book reminds us to once again, pause and look into the miracles that we can’t find in our lives.
How on earth can we understand and embrace our far-from-perfect family?
This book will give you practical and wise lessons to help you:
– Confront sticky issues and conflicts that tear your family apart
– Increase your intimacy with your mate
– Apply healthy ways of coping with life’s stresses, especially those that attack your family’s well-being
– Have crucial conversations with your kids and teens on growing-up pains, sexuality and other issues in our digital age
– Maneuver through critical family matters that will inspire you to deliberately work to achieve your family goals so you can go from OK to great